Thursday, February 2, 2012

Moo-chas Gracias

Whoo hoo! I discovered what my problem was & I won't bore you with the details but it had something to do with me having 2 gmail accounts. Anyway, I finished all the baby shower invitations & now I'm on to decorations & party favors. The shower is on Feb 12th so I have plenty of time but there are so many projects I want to do for it! I know, I know, I'm gonna have to choose which ones!

My mom offered to help me make a diaper cake (gulp!) but I still haven't decided if I'm brave enough to actually do it. I guess if I screw it up or can't do it I can just give her a giant bag or box of diapers! I know she'll appreciate them either way! I will be sharing all my projects as I go along over the next 12 days so please stop back by & check it out!

Before the baby madness sets in I had to do a thank you card for our former neighbor who had us over for dinner last week. She's 85 & still going strong! So here's the card I made, with the details below it.....

            
The card base is Kraft cardstock from my local JoAnn store. I cut it with my Cricut Expression & Gypsy using the "Art Philosophy" cartridge, at 5" using the card feature on pg. 34. If you want to purchase the Art Philosophy cartridge it is only available thru a Clost to my Heart consultant, which you can find by going to the CTMH website. This is totally a must-have cartridge! It comes in a bundle with a bunch of other awesome stuff so it's absolutely worth the $99!

Ok, moving on now.... The blue & green backgrounds were also from AP using the Base & Tag features on the same page as the card. Both papers were from my stash & the green was already pre-embossed. The cow image is from the "Pop-Up Neighborhood" cartridge, using the Accessory feature on pg. 54 & she's cut at 2.5". This was a Cricut circle exclusive cartridge & I really didn't care for the base images, but upon further investigation I discovered that it has the BEST Accessory feature ever!

Ok, moving on again (in case you didn't already notice I have a hard time focusing for more than 2 minutes at a time!)..... the tag is also from the AP cartridge, using the Base & Layer images on pg. 65. I used some Aleene's Paper Glaze on the red border. The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's "Even More Punny-licious stamp set. I used "Black Diamond" Stickles on the nostrils & hooves, and of course some googley eyes. The twine is "Maraschino" from The Twinery.

Well, I think that's it! Now it's off to more baby shower projects!.... Thanks so much for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. bummer that I still can't see your pics, but your project sounds amazing! Thanks for the well wishes on my blog! Your turn to get published... go to northridge publishing and see how to submit some stuff! :_0

    ReplyDelete