Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Call of the Wild

Hello again! I haven't posted in several days cuz I've been working on a big project & haven't done much individual card making. However, I was inspired to make this one (see bottom of this post) because of an incident a few nights ago. As most of you know we live in the boonies on top of a mountain on 300+ acres. Anyway, we were awakened at 4am by our dogs jumping off the bed, barking & going nuts. Then it was so weird - Hugo (our Jack Russell) started howling, which I've never heard him do before. Once we got the dogs quieted down (except Hugo who wouldn't stop howling) we heard what was going on outside. There was a lone coyote howling & squawking like crazy & he was almost in our back yard area! Hugo was answering the call of the wild!

We have cattle running in a pasture which is very close to our house. They chill in the area by our house at night. This coyote was obviously calling for his buddies - because 1 coyote can't take down a cow by itself but with some friends they could easily get one of the calves. Anyway, Vinny got his gun & went out to take a look around. 5 minutes later I heard a gunshot & the howling stopped immediately. Don't worry he didn't shoot it, he just fired off a round into the ground to scare it, which worked nicely! He checked the cows & everyone was fine. Phew! We managed to get a couple more hours of sleep luckily!

So that's the story behind this card. For the images I used the Cricut "Live Simply" cartridge for the skunk & the owl/tree (the tree is embossed with the Cuttlebug "D'Vine Swirls" folder) & I used the "Paper Pups" cartridge for the howling dog. I used "Plantin Schoolbook" cartridge for the grass & the paper, moon & stars are from my stash. This is a standard A2 size card which is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". Well, hope you enjoyed hearing about my drama up here in the woods! Thanks for visiting....



No comments:

Post a Comment